Be ready to walk in Boston, it’s everything you need to have with you, and some extras that will make your visit more enjoyable.
NB: This list is also a way to monetarize this site because “As an Amazon Associate, I may earn from qualifying purchases” if you follow a link and buy something in the following 24 hours. It doesn’t mean everything I suggest has no real practical value, I choose them carefully thinking they could be useful.
Be ready to walk in Boston: maps and guides
The Boston Walks guide should be enough! Yet if you like the feel of paper and/or want to find restaurants and hotels, go to:
- Maps (many on sale if you follow the link)
- Boston National Geographic Destination City Map (one of the best).
- Guidebook (many on sale).
- Lonely Planet Pocket Boston Travel Guide (easy to carry and informative enough).
- Lonely Planet Boston Travel Guide (will give you more than the previous one if you not mind extra weight).
Be ready to walk in Boston: books
A far from exhaustive list of history books, children books, and novels with Boston as a common theme.
- A Short History of Boston (Short Histories).
- Make Way for Ducklings (a children’s picture book telling the story of ducks living in Boston Public Garden).
- Willow’s Walkabout: A Children’s Guide to Boston.
- Dark Tide: The Great Boston Molasses Flood of 1919.
- Boston: Then and Now®.
- The Red Coat – A Novel of Boston.
- The Scarlet Letter by Nathaniel Hawthorne (a novel set in 17th century puritan-era Boston).
- Jara’s Fate by Judith Ann Claus who grow up in suburban Boston.
- Mystic River by Dennis Lehane (most of his stories take place in Boston).
- The Dante Club: A Novel by Matthew Pearl (a murder mystery with Harvard personalities).
- Boston mystery novels (about 400 books to choose from!).
Be ready to walk in Boston: games
- 4D Cityscape Boston USA Time Puzzle (800 Piece).
- Monopoly: Boston Edition.
- Jigsaw Puzzle – Boston Market 1000 Pc By Dowdle Folk Art by Dowdle Folk Art.
- MasterPieces Boston Panoramic Puzzle (1000 Pieces).
Be ready to walk in Boston: things for her
- Candice Cooper shoes (a range of colorful and solid sneakers).
- Hogan shoes (for a classic, elegant, and original look).
- Skechers shoes (classic and trendy ).
- Toms shoes (same).
- Belts (a cool accessory).
- Gloves (you ‘ll need some in winter).
- Hats (make a fashion statement in summer).
- Scarfs (a must-have in winter).
- Sunglasses (for all the New England bright and sunny days).
Be ready to walk in Boston: things for him
- Chippewa boots (dozens of models for all seasons, with Vibram soles).
- Timberland shoes (comfortable and resistant).
- Red Wing shoes (high quality of products).
- Cole Haan shoes (an alternative).
- Asics shoes (same).
- New Balance ( good urban trekking shoes).
- Belts (same comments as for the women section).
- Gloves (needed in winter).
- Hats (trendy).
- Scarfs (think winter).
- Sunglasses (protect your eyes!).
Be ready to walk in Boston: things for both
- Filson bags (high quality bags).
- Visconti bags (for work and for leisure).
- Blunt umbrellas (large and windproof umbrellas, you’ll love them when the wind is blowing in Back Bay!).
- Columbia Jackets (in case you don’t want an umbrella, or to go with it!).
- Camera Case (because you always take care of your stuff).